Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tired

I feel like being tired is a constant state of mind now. No matter how much sleep I get, it's never enough. I guess that's just life in medical school.



Anyway, it's been quite awhile since I updated, so here goes. I am now in Santa Barbara, CA doing a sub-I in Internal Medicine at Cottage Hospital. A sub-I is basically like any other elective, but you have more responsibility...like getting to write notes! That may not seem like a big deal, but considering next year I'll be writing multiple notes a day, I definitely need the practice. My goal from this rotation is to be able to write an admit and progress note along with the assessment and plan completely on my own. Here's a huge jellyfish we saw the other day while walking along the pier.



I've also had some luck with getting electives back home. It LOOKS like I'll be able to do an emergency medicine and pediatric elective at the University of Washington. I'm so excited! Thank you Andersen family! I'll definitely keep everyone posted about that.



Last but not least in August, while I was in NYC and Boston, I found out that I PASSED my boards!! Yay!! Thank you, Jesus and everyone who continually prays for me. I truly appreciate all of your support. I was fortunate enough to be able to celebrate this accomplishment with some of my family in Boston and they threw a little party for me complete with a present :o)



They also took me up to Newport Rhode Island and we went through a couple of the mansions there. Absolutely breathtaking!



That means it's now time for me to apply for residency programs. I've deciced to apply for Emergency medicine and combined Med-Peds programs. I also decided to apply for a couple Family medicine programs in WA. I sent in my application and I'm pretty nervous about it. I just hope that I make the right decision as to what God wants me to do and where He wants me to go for the next few years. Hope you're all doing well and that I see you soon! Love, Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Awww congrats Nicole!! Praise GOD!! :-) Your family is awesome, and RI is definitely a cool place to visit. God bless on the residency applications! Moving right along!

    ReplyDelete