Hi Everyone and a special hello to Andy and Sharon, who reminded me I needed to update my blog :o) As I'm sure most of you know, I'm finally done with my big exam. I took it last Monday and what can I say? I'm just so glad it's over. It was one of those exams where you really don't know what to think when you walk out. Some of the questions were easy and I knew the answer before I even saw the answer choices, but others were more difficult and I had to narrow it down. It's frusterating because I can usually get it down to two choices, but after that I feel like I play eeny meeny miny mo. All I can do now is trust in God and believe that he helped me to get the score I was hoping for. I won't get my results for about a month (torture I know), but I'll definitely let you know as soon as I do :o) Thank you to each and every one of you who prayed for me that day and the days leading up to it. I felt your love and support the entire day.
So you're probably wondering what I'm up to now. I'm currently working on my residency applications and trying to get all of that in order. The process is electronic so you'd think it'd be easy and straight forward, but of course they figure out a way to remind you that as much time/work we've put into becoming a doctor, you still don't know anything! I asked a friend of mine about something on the application the other day and he said, "Yeah, I don't know...I put no." Grrrrreat...
On Monday I'll be going back to NY for a month. Unfortunately I gave up my apartment so I'm currently homeless. Luckily I know quite a few people that are willing to let me stay at their places for awhile. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of couch surfing! Oh well, at least it's only a month and hopefully I'll be able to figure something better out when I get there.
After NY I'll be going to Santa Barbara for a month and then HOPEFULLY coming back to Washington to do some electives through the UW. It's a long process, but they're trying to work with me. I'm saying a lot of prayers because not only would I get to come home, but I'd be able to work at some of THE best hospitals in the country. God is SO good! I have to try not to get too excited though because if it doesn't work out I'll have to either stay in California (hopefully) or go back to NY for my last elective. That's right. My last elective. I should be done by either the end of October or November and then I'll have 6-9 months off where I'll be doing interviews and preparing for residency.
Well I better get back to work. Thanks again for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment