Saturday, February 6, 2010

Are you Wondering What I've Been Up To??

Okay, so it's been over 2 YEARS since I updated my blog. I know, I know...there's definitely no one reading it anymore, but I'm hoping to change that. As most of you know, I'm still in Medical School. I'm in my 4th year and that means I'm no longer in Dominica. To be honest I havent been there for about a year and a half! It's odd...I know I was there. I have memories of the island, but it feels like a dream. Like a lifetime ago. So you ask, what have I been up to?

Since I left the island I've taken and passed the Comp (on my first try!), I've taken Step 1 and passed with a number I'm very happy about and done most of my core rotations. What are core rotations you might ask? All medical students are required to do rotations in certain areas of the medical field before they can graduate. So far I've done Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Surgery and Psychiatry. I'm currently in my last week of Pediatrics and then I'll be on to OB/GYN...my last core. I've also done a couple of electives: Emergency Medicine and Anesthesiology.

So what's next? After I finish my cores I'll be doing some more electives, taking Step 2 Clinical Skills on April 10th and then later Step 2 Clinical Knowledge sometime in July (at least that's the plan). At this point, I'm thinking I'll be in NYC until the end of June, home for a month to study and then off to more electives. I really want to come home for some of my rotations, but it's a long process and I haven't had much luck as of yet. Cross your fingers God opens some doors soon.

Also please pray that my housing situation gets settled soon. I've been living with Phoebe, whom I love dearly, for the last year and it's been wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better, more loving, supportive roomie :o) Nonetheless, she's heading home to California in early April, which means I either have to move or find someone to take her place...not that anyone ever could! As you can tell, there are a lot of big changes coming up in the next few months, so please keep me in your prayers. If you know me at all, you know that I am not a fan of change and will put it off for as long as possible! lol Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment