Thursday, February 11, 2010

6 Years Old!

On Monday Anna, the little girl I used to be a nanny for, turned 6 years old. It seems like just last week that I was changing her diapers, rolling around on the floor with her and taking her to music classes. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I was able to do a video chat with her last night and it was SO fun! She is such a little sweetheart. One of the favorite things we did was type back and forth to each other on the computer. I loved hearing her sound out the words to see what I had written :o) At one point, she wanted to play a game where she would start a word and I had to try to finish it. Usually the words were the names of her friends, but since I don't know any of her friends it was quite the undertaking! Anyway, one of the examples she gave me was Hol. I chose Holly, but of course I was wrong and it was Holden. I asked her if he was her boyfriend and she said yes, so I proceeded to ask more questions about him to which she said that he doesn't know yet! lol Oh to be 6 again...I then heard Natalie in the background telling me to ask her why she liked him more than the other boys and Anna's response was, "Because his skin is SO soft!" Is that not the sweetest thing ever? Boy do I love my little Miss Banana :o) Happy Birthday little sweetheart!





Today was the last day of my Pediatric rotation. It was a really crazy week. My exam went well and I was able to get an A for the rotation though! Yay! Thank you to all of you who were keeping me in your prayers.

I'm still on the lookout for a new roomie, so if you know of anyone who might be looking for a place in the city from April to the end of June please let me know. I've got a couple pretty good prospects but nothing is for certain, so please keep it in your prayers. I'd really like to know one way or another within the next few days.

Tomorrow my dad and my grandma will be arriving. I'm really excited for them to come and can't wait for them to get here. It will be their first time to NYC, so it should be quite the experience for them. Probably a bit of a shock...I can't wait to see my grandma get on the subway for the first time! :o) We don't have much planned as of yet, but I'm sure that will change soon after they arrive. They'll be here for about a week, so we have a lot to do in just a short amount of time. Wish us luck! Thanks for reading and remember...I love comments :o)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your outstanding pediatric performance! It's fun to here what you're up to. Good luck on the roomie situation and have fun with dad and grandma!

    ReplyDelete