I can't believe my test is only FOUR weeks from today. I've been studying, but I feel like it will never be enough. I recently started doing USMLE World, which is the main question bank everyone suggests and I was doing really well the first few days, but the last couple? Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on. I'm still doing better than most, but I want to kick butt on this exam! I know there's only so much I can do, I just hope it's sticking.
I'm currently doing an elective in Infectious Disease and it's going well. We set up a schedule where only one student stays late per day and everyone one else gets to go home and study, which is great. The doctor even offered to write us a letter of recommendation on Friday :o)
I only have two more weeks in NYC. My mom and her friend, Julie, are coming on June 29th to help me move. It's a good thing they're coming too because I'm going to have to move to another apartment for 2 days, since my lease ends on the 30th, which is a Wednesday but my rotation doesn't end until Friday the 2nd. Luckily my wonderful landlord is letting me stay in a studio for those two days. I'm looking forward to their visit, I just wish I had more time to show them around and really enjoy my last couple of days here.
I'm having a going away party next Friday so that should be fun. We're starting out at Max Brenner's for dessert and then going out afterwards. I have mixed feelings about leaving because I'm going to miss my friends, but I'm really looking forward to coming home and having a break. After this elective I'll only have 12 more weeks of rotations before I finish medical school. I can't believe I can say that already. It seems like just yesterday I was going to Dominica. These past couple years have flown by...I can only imagine how the next few will go.
Thanks for reading and please keep me in your prayers. I'm studying as much as possible, but I'm definitely getting a little nervous. ONLY 4 WEEKS LEFT! Ack! Better get to bed so I can get up and study before church tomorrow. Love you all and thanks again for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So after you study your little tush off and then ACE this test, what comes next? And where will you be going? Do we get to spend some time with you at home for a while or are you still running around the world getting smarter and smarter?
ReplyDeletekatie
Haha! I'll be going back to NYC for August, then to Santa Barbara for September and then hopefully either somewhere else in Cali or God-willing back home IF I can get everything in order for October. Then...I'll be DONE!! Yay! I can't wait to come home and veg for awhile. lol I'll definitely let you know when my test is over and hopefully we'll be able to get together :o)
ReplyDelete